After a few short years, the average wood fence starts to discolor, turn silver, dark grey and eventually dark brown.
From pressure washing to applying soaps and washes, there are a number of ways to bring life back to your fence. By reviving your fence, you will bring brightness and curb appeal to your home.
In this example, we choose to pressure wash the fence and then apply a tinted stain and sealer made by preserva-wood.
Steps to reviving your fence:
- Pressure wash the fence.
- Start by pressure washing in a small non-descript area.
- Make sure not to get too close. You want to remove just the outermost layer. You do not want to damage the fence boards.
- We find that the best result when we pressure wash up and down the entire length of the board.
- Let the fence dry
- This may occur the same day or a few days later depending on the temperature and humidity.
- Apply a fence stain. In this example, we used a fence stain with a slight red tint.
- The stain was applied using a pump sprayer, and brushed on next to the house.